Birds in Spain
Recent Reports: Latest sightings
Near rarity species observation (read here)
(2) Pontevedra. On 25.11 a female was seen at Tui, Pontevedra (Miguel Martínez @birders_cove).
(2-3) Cádiz On 2.11 two were at Sierra de la Ahumada, Tarifa, Cádiz (J.A.Sarry). Coming from late October.
(4) Cádiz On 10.11 a bird was watched foraging on a carcase at Tarifa, Cádiz (J.A.Sarry).
(5) Cádiz On 18.11 one was seen over El Cabrito, Tarifa, Cádiz (Pako Zufiaur).
(6) Cádiz On 13.11 another was seen at La Peña, Tarifa, Cádiz (J.A.Sarry).This or another immature bird was still at Tarifa on 25.11 (J.A.Sarry @observado.org).
(2) Alicante. On 12.11 a 1w was at PN El Hondo, Elx, Alacant (Óscar Aldeguer, Pep Cantó, Vero Cortés, Javi Cots, Nerea Llopis, Javi Barón, Jesús Gisbert, Jana Marco). This bird was seen again on 28.11 (Óscar Aldeguer).
(3) Cádiz. On 15.11 a 1w was seen at La Janda over un-harvested rice fields along the Benalup to Facinas track – approx. 2 km south from the beginning of the track at Benalup (Geoff Bradshaw). See two thumbnails here.
(4) Gipuzkoa On 24.11 a 1w was seen over Txingudi marshes, Plaiaundi/Irún, Gipúzkoa (Pello Oyarzabal, José F.Esparcia @ornitho.eus). It was seen again on 25.11 (David Santamaría @ornitho.eus). Read more in the Itziar Gutiérrez blog here.
(5) Barcelona. On 26.11 a 1w was seen at Besòs river mouth, Sant Adrià de Besòs, Barcelona (Xavi Larruy @ornitho.cat). arcelona.
(6) Cádiz. On 27.11 a ♂ was seen and photographed at La Janda, Cádiz (Ricky Owen). There are up to three birds in the area these days (Alejandro Onrubia pers.com.). See three thumbnails here and a photo below.
(2) Alicante. On 19.11 a 3y was seen at El Hondo, Alicante (Jana Marco, Álex Alamán, Irene Arnaldos,Roque Belenguer). This bird was seen again on 25.11 (Óscar Aldeguer, Marcos Ferrández).
(3) Alicante. On 5.11 (Óscar Aldeguer) and on 19.11 another adult, not Tonn, was seen at El Hondo, Alicante (Jana Marco, Álex Alamán, Irene Arnaldos, Vero Cortés). The 5.11 observation involved a bird with a PVC ring on the left tarsus.
(4) Illes Balears. On 22.11 a bird was reported at Sóller, Mallorca, Illes Balears (René Apel).
(2-3) Cádiz. Two individuals were seen on 18.11 at La Janda, Cádiz (Javier Elorriaga, Marina Guerrero, Vicky Mogrovejo). One was an adult, very pomarina - like (see a photo below). Just in that moment another individual appeared, ad/subadult, mroe clanga-like, see a thumbnail here. The first bird ramained in the area on 19.11 (Javi Elorriaga, Douglas Faulder).
(2) Alicante. On 11.11 there was a bird at Playa de los Náufragos, Torrevieja, Alicante (Pat Harrison).
(3) Huesca. On 12.11 a bird was seen at Fondo de Llitera ricefields, Fraga, Huesca (Eduardo Gil).
(2) Gipuzkoa. On 5.11 a 1w was at Getaria, Gipuzkoa (Asier Aldaur)
(3) Zaragoza. On 8.11 a 2cy bird was seen and photographed at Casablanca water tanks, Zaragoza (Luis Gracia).
(4) Asturias.On 13.11 one was seen at sea at Avilés canyon (Different observers)
(5) Bizkaia. On 18.11 a 1w was at Ondarroa, Bizkaia (Juan Carlos Andrés, Asier Aldaur et al). This bird was seen again on 23.11 (Alfredo Valiente) and 26.11 (Juan Carlos Andrés, Kepa Aldama).
(6) Madrid On 19.11 the first of the season for Madrid was found (Delfín González). See two photos below.
(7) Gipuzkoa On 20.11 there was a bird at Urumea river, Donostia, Gipuzkoa (Xabi Saralegui).
(8) Bizkaia. On 22.11 there was a different bird at Donostia, Gipuzkoa (Xabier Saralegui)
(9) Bizkaia. On 19.11 a 1w bird was at Lemoix, Bizkaia (Iván Sarabia @ornitho.eus).
(10) A Coruña. On 29.11 a 1w was found at Cariño, A Coruña (Ricardo Hevia). See a thumbnail here.
(2) Bizkaia. On 19.11 ' Ondarru' the returning individual was back to Ondarroa harbour, Bizkaia. Id will be confirmed once seen in flight (Juan Carlos Andrés). See a photo below and thumbnail here. Read more at Juankar blog here.On 26.11 the presence of Ondarru, an adult, was confirmed at Ondarroa harbour, Bizkaia (Juan Carlos Andrés). See photos and thumbnails here.
(2) A Coruña. On 20.11 a 1W was seen at playa de Meirás, Valdoviño, A Coruña (A.Gutiérrez & P.Gutiérrez @birders_cove).
(3) Málaga. On 26.11 a 1w was seen from Faro Calaburras, Fuengirola, Málaga (Mick Richardson/ Andalucia Bird Society). .
(2-3) Barcelona. The two birds seen previously at El Prat de Llobregat were seen by the river at this same village
(4) Gibraltar. The bird seen previously remained at Europa Point, Gibraltar, on 12.11 (John Cortés). See a thumbnail here.
(5) Álava. There was a bird at Langarika pond, Iruraiz/Gauna, Álaba, on 13.11 (David Navas @ornitho.eus).
(6) Barcelona. There was a bird at Badalona, Barcelona on 21.11 (Úrsula Rinas @ornitho.cat; Javier Valladares @ornitho.cat). Still there on 22-24.11 (Quique Carballal; Javier Valladares @ornitho.cat).
(2) Navarra. On 22.11 a bird was seen at Iza, near Loza, Navarra (Iñaki Lizarraga).
(1) Asturias On 1.11 there was one at Salinas, Asturias (Daniel López-Velasco).
(2) Córdoba. On 1.11 there was one at Parque Periurbano de los Villares, Córdoba city (José Márquez y Diego Peinazo).
(3) Córdoba. On 1.11 there was another at Sierra Morena cordobesa, Córdoba (Diego Peinazo y José Márquez).
(4) Lleida. On 1.11 a new bird was photographed at Secà de Belianes-Preixana, Bellpuig, Lleida (Irene Figueroa, Pere Baucells @ornitho.cat). Still there on 2.11 (Sergi Sales).
(5) León. On 1.11 a bird was at Candamia park at downtown León. On 2.11 it was seen again (José Alberto Fernández Ugarte).
(6) Zaragoza. On 1.11 one was at Lagunazo del Moncayuelo, Pinsoro, Zaragoza (Alfredo Sánchez Galán).
(7) Cantabria. One was at Santoña marshes, Cantabria on 1.11 (Javier Álvarez).
(8) A Coruña On 2.11 one was found at Facultad de Ciencias, Universidade de A Coruña, A Coruña (Cosme Damián Romay). Relocated later (Miguel Maestro).
(9) Asturias. On 2.11 one was at Bañugues, Asturias (Daniel López-Velasco).
(10) Málaga. On 2.11 a bird was at Torremolinos, Málaga (Andy Paterson).
(11) A Coruña On 3.11 one was at Sisalde, Arteixo, A Coruña (Xabier Varela).
(12) A Coruña. A new bird was found on 3.11 at Cariño, A Coruña (Ricardo Hevia). See a photo below.
(13) Zaragoza. A bird was at Nicolás Guillén street, Zaragoza, on 3.11 (Javier Ruiz Alba).
(14-15) Cantabria. On 3.11. two were at Santoña, Cantabria (Jesús Menéndez). On 4.11 one remained there (Jesús Menéndez Juan Manuel Pérez de Ana, Maite, Amaia y Lorea. Jorge Bengoechea, Álvaro Bustamante y Alejandro García Herrera).
(16) Sevilla on 4.11 there was one at Parque Celestino Mutis, Sevilla (Manuel Bárcena).
(17) Gran Canaria On 4.11 a bird was seen at Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Canary islands, at Castilo de la Luz (Jesús y Xabier Remirez).
(18) Zaragoza. On 6.11 a bird was heard callin at Quinto, Zaragoza by the Ebro river (Luís Gracia, Francisco Javier Sampietro Latorre). Heard it here. https://soundcloud.com/user-150257411/phylloscopus-inornatus
(19) Zaragoza on 6.11 one was at Calatayud, Zaragoza (Pablo Moya). See a photo below.
(20) Tarragona A bird was found at L’Ampolla, Tarragona, on 7.11 (Manolo Sánchez-Blanch). It is not clear if it is a bird from last month or another.
(21-22) Valencia. On 2.11 two birds were found near El Cabeçol, Albufera de València (E. Pascual @birdingalbufera.es). On 4.11 the bird at Camí del Gramenar remained there (José Luís Terrasa @ birdingalbufera.es) and on 5.11 it was heard and seen again (Sergi Sales, Gorka Gorospe, Ricard Gutiérrez). See a photo below (Ricard Gutiérrez). )
(23-24) Málaga. On 7.11 two were seen at Málaga province: one in Malaga and one in Torre del Mar (Ruurd-Jelle van der Leij). See a thumbnail here.
(23) Huelva. One was trapped and ringed on 4.11, without using any recordings, at Estación de Anillamiento de Manecorro , Espacio Natural Doñana, Almonte, Huelva (Óscar Magaña, Luis Manuel Díaz, Nerea Pagalday, Claudia Sánchez, Iván Requena).
(24) Huelva. Another was trapped and ringed on 4.11, also without using any recordings, at Estación de Anillamiento de Manecorro , Espacio Natural Doñana, Almonte, Huelva (Óscar Magaña, Luis Manuel Díaz, Nerea Pagalday, Claudia Sánchez, Iván Requena, Esther Buendía, Noelia Escudero).
(25) Barcelona. One was at Llobregat river, El Prat de Llobregat, on 6.11 (Marcel Gil @ornitho.cat).
(26) Huelva. A third bird was was trapped and ringed on 7.11, again without using any recordings, at Estación de Anillamiento de Manecorro , Espacio Natural Doñana, Almonte, Huelva (Óscar Magaña, Gustavo Fernández, Nerea Pagalday, Claudia Sánchez, Iván Requena).
(27) Sevilla. On 7.11 one was trapped for ringing at Paraje Natural Brazo del Este, Sevilla (Miguel Gálvez/ Grupo Ornitológico del Sur).
(28) Madrid. On 9.11 one was found at Parque Felipe VI, Madrid (Delfín González). See a photo below. On 12.11 it was still there (Gabriel Lorenzo Martínez) and on 13.11 too (Delfín González; Luis Mario Arce). See another photo below and thumbnails here.This bird remained in the area on 26-27.11 (Delfín González). See a photo below and thumbnail here.
(29) A Coruña. On 9.11 another was found at Culleredo, near the airport, A Coruña (Toñito Martínez Pernas).
(30) Bizkaia. On 11.11 a bird was found at Armintza, Bizkaia (Jon Hidalgo, Ramón Martín).
(31) Cádiz On 11.11 there was a bird at Santuario valley, Tarifa, Cádiz (J.A.Sarry).
(32) Huelva On 10.11 one was found at Acebrón Palace, Doñana, Huelva (Alberto Pastoriza @observado.org). On 11.11 it was seen again (Javi Elorriaga).
(33) Girona On 11.11 there was a bird at Resclosa d'en Joga, Sant Gregori, Bescanó, Girona (Gerard Dalmau, Ramon Casadevall).
(34) Lleida. On 10.11 one was heard at Ivars - Vila-Sana lagoon, Lleida (Joan Estrada @ornitho.cat).
(35) Zaragoza. On 15.11 one was at Quinto de Ebro, Zaragoza (Manuel Galán)
(36) Barcelona. On 14.11 one was at Parc fluvial del Besòs, Sant Adrià de Besòs, Barcelona (Xavi Larruy)
(37-38 ) Tarragona. On 6.11 a bird was seen at Sant Jordi Reus. On 18.11 a second bird joined the 1st individual (Joan Barrachina). Both birds were still there on 20.11 (Xavi Riera) and on 28.11 (Xavi Riera, Joan Barrachina).
(39) Cádiz. On 9.11 a bird was at El Puerto de Santa María, Cádiz (Rafael García-Costales)
(40) Cádiz. On 15.11 one was at El Cuartón, Tarifa, Cádiz (Yeray Seminario)
(41) Sevilla On 16.11 one was at Isla de la Cartuja, Sevilla (J.A.Sarry, Carlos Moreno, Eneko Arrondo)
(42) Cádiz. On 16.11 one was at San Fernando, Cádiz (Víctor Porras)
(43) Lleida. On 18.11 one was at Sidamón reservoir, Lleida (Sergi Sales, Jaume Aldomà)
(44) Cáceres. On 18.11 a bird was found at Serradilla, Cáceres (David Cobos). 4th for Extremadura. See a photo below and learn more at the CREX website of the Extremadura Rarites Commitee.
(45) Sevilla. On 19.11 one was at Pablo de Olavide University, Sevilla (José Márquez)
(46) Tarragona. On 19.11 one was heard calling then seen at Cambrils, Tarragona (Jordi Jover)
(47) Castelló. On 19.11 one was at Marjal d’Almenara, Castelló (Víctor J. Hernández).
(48) Granada. On 20.11 one was seen at Charca Suárez, Motril, Granada (Juan Ignacio Álvarez Gil).See a photo below. .
(49) Cádiz. On 19.11 one was at la Línea de la Concepción, Cádiz (Javi Elorriaga/Birding the Strait).
(50) Sevilla on 4.11 one was at Parque Celestino Mutis, Sevilla (Paco Chiclana)
(51) Sevilla. On 18.11 one was at Dos Hermanas, Sevilla (José Márquez @observado.org)
(52) Cádiz. On 17-18.11 one was at Tarifa, Cádiz (J.A.Sarry @observado.org). This or another was seen on 20.11 at Arroyo de Ramos, Tarifa, Cádiz (J.A.Sarry @observado.org).
(53) Navarra. On 21.11 one was at Taconera park, Pamplona, Navarra (Alberto Rodríguez; Jorge Nubla).
(54) Barcelona. On 21.11 a bird was seen at Rambla del Brasil number 21, downtown Barcelona (Cristian Jensen).
(55) Zaragoza On 24.11 a bird, presumably new, was at Calatayud, Zaragoza (Pablo Moya). This bird was still there on 29.11 (Pablo Moya, thumbnail here) and 30.11 (Pablo Moya, Ricardo Pérez).
(56) Girona. On 27.11 one was at Borrassà, Girona (Joana Oliveras @ornitho.cat)
(57) Barcelona. On 24-26.11 one was seen at Parc del Nord, Terrassa (Albert Manero)
(58) Tarragona On 23.11 one was seen at l’Ampolla, Tarragona (Manolo Sánchez Blanch)
(59) Lleida. A bird was heard and seen on 22-23.11 at Vallfogona de Balaguer (Quim Minoves)
(60) Barcelona. On 24.11 a bird was at Filipines marsh, Llobregat delta, Viladecans, Barcelona (Ferran López).
(61) Barcelona. On 26.11 a bird was at FC Barcelona training fields, Sant Joan Despí, Barcelona (Sergi Sales).
(62) Cádiz. On 20.11 a bird was at Monte Dunas de San Antón, El Puerto de Santa María, Cádiz (Rafael García).
(63) A Coruña. From 24.11 (Sergio Paris @birders_cove) to 26.11 (Juan Sagardia @birders_cove) a bird was at Santa Cristina beach, Oleiros, A Coruña
(64) Fuerteventura. On 26.11 a bird was found at Betancuria, Fuerteventura, a few yards from southern car park (Simon H-R @shr_thing).
(65) Cádiz. On 27.11 a bird was at downtown Sanlúcar de Barrameda, Cádiz (Fonso Gil Osuna).
(66) Bizkaia. On 29.11 a bird was at Durango, Bizkaia (Juan Carlos Andrés)
(67) Cádiz. On 29.11 a bird was at La Ahumada, Tarifa, Parque Natural Los Alcornocales, Cádiz (J.A.Sarry)
(68) A Coruña. On 29.11 a bird was at Larín, Arteixo, A Coruña (Xabier Varela)
(69) Valencia. On 30.11 one was at RN Tancat de Milia, Sollana, l’Albufera de València (Toni Alcocer)
(70) Valladolid. On 30.11 bird was seen at downtown Valladolid (Juan Sagardía).
(71-72) Gran Canaria On 22.11 two birds were at Parque Doramas, Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, southwest of Hotel Santa Catalina, close to the little lake. They were heard plenty of times and well seen (Staffan Sundin & I.M Rojas).
> LATE SIGHTINGS
(73) Albacete On 16.11 a bird was heard at Parque Abelardo Sánchez, Albacete (Rafa Torralba, Jess Stokes, Guillermo García-Saúco y Antonio Muñoz). Read more in Spanish about the sighting at Rafa blog here.
(74) Soria. On 6.11 a bird was heard from the author home at downtown Soria (Luis Eduardo Molina). Relocated later in a garden near Escuela de Artes, Soria (Luis Eduardo Molina). Seen again on 12.11 near Escuela de Artes again, at Aula Magna Tirso de Molina gardens (Jesús Ruiz Rodrigo; Luis Eduardo Molina, Daniel Fernández y Juan Luis Hernández). Read more at SEO/Soria blog here.
(75) Teruel. On 5.11 a bird was found at Paseo Fluvial del río Guadalaviar, Albarracín, Teruel (José Antonio Beneito). It was relocated on 6.11 at the same place (Felipe Rosado, Susana Lois, Joaquín Pérez and others). See a photo at Anuario Rocín here.
Editorial Comment: Numbers of Yellow-browed Warblers are three times those of November 2015 and despite the records are mostly concentrated in the E and S, during the last ten days there are birds still around several areas of the North. Will these birds overwinter?
(2) Lleida. On 2.11 a bird was trapped and ringed at Ivars d’Urgell, Lleida (Sergi Sales).
(3) Gipuzkoa. On 9.11a bird showing tristis traits was seen at Plaiaundi, Irún, Gipuzkoa (Itziar Gutiérrez). See an entry at Itziar's blog here. The bird was later confirmed due to its song being heard.
(4) Barcelona. On 12.11 one was trapped and ringed at Molins de Rei, Barcelona (Carles Furquet @ornitho.cat)
(5) Barcelona. On 12.11 another was trapped at Llobregat river, El Prat de Llobregat (Manolo García, Marcel Gil, Bruna Roqué @ornitho.cat).
(6) Barcelona. On 20.11 a bird was seen at Montjuïc park, Barcelona (Quim Minoves)
(7) Barcelona. On 26.11 a bird was seen at Pont del Polígon Industrial Pratenc, El Prat de Llobregat, Barcelona (Manolo García Tarrasón @ornitho.cat) .
(2) Pontevedra. On 17.11 a 1w was reported from Illa de Arousa, Pontevedra (Agustín Alcalde @birders_cove).
(3) Fuerteventura. On 24.11 a bird was seen at Itsmo de la Pared, Fuerteventura (Simon H-R @shr_thing).
(2) A Coruña. Another bird was found at A Coruña, this time at Torre de Hércules, downtown A Coruña. On 11.11 one lasrge pipit first told by a Richard's was photographed (D.González). See photos below. Once photos were published, the bird was identified as a Blyth's, the 3rd for Spain (Joachim Pintens, Joachim Bertrands and Daniel López-Velasco).
(2) A Coruña. On 5-6.11 a bird was present at Nemiña fields, A Coruña, Galicia (Daniel López-Velasco, Jose Ramon Sanchez Bugallo, Fernando Pereiras y Roberto Menendez).
(3-5) A Coruña. On 17.11 there were three at A Herbeira, Cariño, A Coruña (Ricardo Hevia). See a thumbnail here.
(6) A Coruña. On 29.11 a bird was at Morouzos, Ortigueira, A Coruña (Ricardo Hevia).
(3) Asturias. On 1.11 a bird was seen at Nalón river, Asturias (Daniel López-Velasco). See a photo below.
(4) León. On 7.11 a bird was trapped and ringed at Laguna de Negrillos, León. 1st for the province (José María Colino).
(5) Asturias. On 16.11 one bird was found at Cabo Peñas, Gozón, Asturias (Daniel López-Velasco). See a photo below.
(6) Menorca. On 23.11 a bird was seen and photographed at Maó, Menorca. The bird was at the same place where seen last February-March (Joan Florit Sans). See a photo below and thumbnail here.
Visiting Spain? Going abroad? Rarebirdspain recommends Audouin Birding Tours
REPORTS OF NON RARITIES OR FORMER RARITIES
Anser brachyrhynchus, Anas carolinensis, Aythya collaris, Egretta gularis × garzetta, Gyps rueppellii, Circus macrourus, Calidris melanotos, Calidris subruficollis, Gallinago media, Phalaropus lobatus, Larus cachinnans, Larus glaucoides glaucoides, Larus hyperboreus, Sterna bengalensis, Sterna dougallii, Motacilla citreola and Phylloscopus inornatus not considered national Spanish rarities since 1.1.2016 but included here for reference as near-rarities and featured in grey colour and marked with a
Coming this Autumn 2016:
Ya disponible / Ja disponible
@rarebirdspain twitter timeline Tweets by @rarebirdspain
Post your sightings live with hashtag #rarebirdspain
|Number of rarities this month||Citations / Citaciones / Com citar|
|Search within Rare Birds in Spain||Rarity forecast|
|Bird news||Available past reports|
Recent reports | Rarities Committee Reports | Statistics| Photos | Files | Identification | Links | Homepage
Rarebirdspain bird-racing team | Rarebirdspain BLOG | Birds in Spain BLOG | Rarebirdspain Birding Team BLOG
Designed to be seen in >1280 x900 resolution with Java enabled browsers.