Rarebirdspain recommends Audouin Birding Tours
Birds in Spain
Recent Reports: Latest sightings
* processing of these rarities dealt by CR/SEO, hence their inclusion here
(2) Albacete. On 20.12 one was found at Laguna de Aljibarro, Albacete (Rafa Torralba). See a photo below. On 21.12 it was photographed again, see below (Antonio Manglano) and on 22.12 it was still there (Jana Marco y Alex Alamán). This bird remained there on 23.12 (Rafa Torralba, Guillermo García-Sauco).
(3) Navarra . The bird found on 20.10 at Pitillas lagoon, Navarra, was still there on 21.12 (Jesús Maria Lekuona)
(4) Palencia. On 23.12 there was one at La Nava, Palencia(Manu Estebanez, David Gonzalez Orteda, Agustin Salazar, Javier Portillo & Iván Sarabia)
(2-4) Palencia. On 21.12 (Verónica López, Unai Fuente, Carlos Talabante, Diego Llorente y Ricardo Cano. Javier Gómez Aoiz) and 23.12 there were four pink-footeds at La Nava (Manu Estebanez, David Gonzalez Orteda, Agustin Salazar, Javier Portillo & Iván Sarabia)
(5) Cantabria. On 30.12 one bird was found at Pantano del Ebro, Cantabria (Mario Alonso)
Red-breasted Goose Branta ruficollis (1)
(2) Pontevedra. There was a drake on 20.12 at Estuario del río Miño, A Guarda, Pontevedra (Tito Salvadores). See a thumbnail here.It remained there on 22.12 (Rafa Salvadores, Fina Rodríguez).
(3) Albacete. There was one male at Pétrola lagoon, Albacete on 22.12 (Jacobo Ramos). See a thumbnail here. The drake was seen again on 24.12, see a photo below (Jana Marco, Julio Merayo, Àlex Alaman).
(9) Asturias . On 6.12 .a ♀ Aythya colaris was found at Embalse de Valdemurio, Quirós, PN Ubiña, Asturias. The bird had been there since 22.11.2013 (Xuan Cortés)
(10) Lugo. The female/1w found on19.11 at Riocaldo and Pedroso gravel pits, Begonte, Lugo was seen again there on 11.12 (Toño Salazar).On 21.12 it was still at Riocaldo, Begonte, Lugo (Luis Mario Arce), see a thumbnail here.
(11-16) A Coruña . On 15.12 6 new individuals added to the 8 previous (1-8) at Embalse de Fervenza, A Coruña (David Calleja).
(2) Barcelona . A female or 1w was found on 15.12 at Llobregat river mouth, El Prat de Llobregat, Barcelona (César Castel). See a thumbnail taken from its camera in rarebirdspain twitter. See a photo below and thumbnails here (César Castel).
(3) Barcelona . Perhaps the same Llobregat delta female/1w was seen at Manresa on 17.12 at Parc de l'Agulla (Sergi Fernández). It was still there on 19.12 (Sergi Sales et al).On 21.12 it was photographed again (Xavier Martínez), see below and in his stunning blog here. It was seen by many observers too. This bird was seen again on 24-26.12 (Sergi Fernández), 27.12 (Bet Font, Xevi Rifà) and remained in the park until 28.12 (Josep Bel @ ornitho.cat).
(4-5) Murcia . On 23.12 there were 2 individuals at Mar Menor, Murcia (Pepe Ruiz, Victor París, Javi Armero, Roque Belenguer et al).
(6) Gipuzkoa . On 29.12 there was one at Plaiaundi, Irún, Gipuzkoa (José F. Esparcia)
(2-3) Huelva. There were two birds, the ones seen in previous months, at Isla Cristina, Huelva, from 23.12 (Javier Salgado, Alberto Savijn, José Luis Anguita) to 26.12 (Alberto Savijn, José Luis Anguita)
Pallid Harrier Circus macrourus (1)
(2) Barcelona. The 1w was seen at Cal Tet, then Llobregat river, L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, on 1.12 at 13:45 hours. It seems to be the individual seen the day before at Viladecans, Llobregat delta which is the same seen previously at Pals ricefields and Llobregat delta in late November, but it cannot be the same (1) individual due to timing coincidence (Àlex Mascarell). Read more about this occurrence in the Natura i Medi Ambient a L'Hospitalet de Llobregat blog (in catalan with sidebar translation applet). See a photo below (Àlex Mascarell). Girona. A 1w bird was seen on 28-29.12 at Pals ricefields, Girona (Gabri de Jesús; Bernat Iglesias). See a thumbnail here. According to an analysis carried out by Àlex Ollé in his blog, the Girona bird is the same individual first seen there in Novembre then in Llobregat delta in December. See the comparison (in catalan) here. The bird remained there on 30.12 (Àlex Ollé et al), see a picture in twitter here, and on 31.12 (Gabri de Jesús, Joan Goy, Miquel Arxer) into the new year 2014.
(3) Ciudad Real. There was a 1w at Laguna de Navaseca, Ciudad Real on 7.12 (Carlos Rossi, Ismael Romero, Aurora Díaz y Álvaro Rossi). See a photo below and thumbnail here. Record submitted to the CR-SEO/BirdLife.
(4) Alicante. The adult overwintering at El Hondo was seen again on 4.12 from the boardwalk behind the Visitor Centre at El Hondo and on 7.12 from the North OP within the reserve (Graham Critchell)
(5) Alicante. The first winter overwintering at El Hondo was seen again on 16.12 (Juan Manuel Pérez García) and on 21.12 (Graham Critchell).
(6) Alicante. The Greater Spotted Eagle similar to Tonn but without satellite antenna (Not Tonn) was seen at El Hondo on 21.12 (Graham Critchell).
(7) Barcelona. A cf. 1w was seen flying S over L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona (Coord UTM x=425284 y=4579572 datum European 1950 ICC) on 30.12 (Ricard Gutiérrez, Helena Arbonés)
(2) Tarragona. On 14.12 one 1w was found at Tarragona harbour, Tarragona (Camilo Albert). See two photos below and a number of thumbnails here.
(3) Asturias . On 19.12 one 1w was seen at Bañugues, Asturias (Daniel López-Velasco).
(4) Huelva . On 26.12 there was a 1w at Isla Cristina, Huelva with yellow ring PNNS (Alberto Savijn, José Luís Anguita). See a photo below.
(5) Barcelona. On 31.12 an adult in winter plumage was seen at Llobregat river by the bridge under construction at El Prat de Llobregat (Ricard Gutíérrez). See two photos below.
(2) A Coruña . On 23.12 a 1w was seen and photographed at Cariño, A Coruña (Ricardo Hevia). See a photo below.
(3) Cantabria . On 23.12 a 1w was seen at Santoña, Cantabria (Diego Martín Portillo).
(4) Lugo . On 27.12 an adult was found at O Vicedo, Lugo. See two photos below and two thumbnails here (Antonio Martínez Pernas). The adult was still present on 28.12 (Fernando Pereiras, Belén Lorenzo) and 29.12 (Antonio Martínez Pernas, David Calleja Marcos)
(5) A Coruña . From 23.12 (Antonio Gutiérrez), see a thumbnail here, to 27.12 a 1w was seen at Valdoviño, A Coruña (Daniel Monteagudo).
(6) A Coruña . On 28.12 a 1w was seen and photographed at Baldaio, Carballo, A Coruña (Xabier Varela). See a photo below.
(7-8) A Coruña . On 29.12 two birds were seen and photographed at Lires, Muxia/Cée, A Coruña (Graciela Fernández, Manolo Carregal). See a photo below and thumbnail here.
(9) Pontevedra . On 29.12 one subadult was found at O Vao marsh, O'Grove, Pontevedra (Pablo Covelo)
(10) Lugo . On 29.12 a 1w was found at Lago, Xove, Lugo (Antonio Gutiérrez Pita, Pablo Gutiérrez Varga y David Calleja Marcos). This bird might be (12) individual. See a photo below (David Calleja).
(11) Lugo . On 28.12 a 4w was found at Burela, Lugo (David Calleja). It was still there on 29.12 (David Calleja Marcos, Antonio Gutiérrez Pita, Pablo Gutiérrez Varga, Fernando Pereiras y Belén Arenal). See two photos below (David Calleja)
(12) Lugo . On 28.12 a 1w was found at Burela, Lugo too (David Calleja). See a thumbnail here.
(13) Pontevedra . On 27.12 a 1w was found between Cangas harbour and playa de Meira, Pontevedra. This bird was killed by a car on 29.12 (José Luis Lorenzo, José Ramón Gómez).
(14) A Coruña . On 24.12 a 1w was seen at Lariño, Carnota, A Coruña (Manuel Figueiras).
(2-3) Lanzarote On1.12 the two birds at Teguise golf course gardens remained there (F.Javier García Vargas). Still present on 8.12 (F.Javier García Vargas)
(4) Lanzarote On 4.12 another was found at Cabildo de Lanzarote gardens, Arrecife, Lanzarote. New bird (F.Javier García Vargas)
(5) Lanzarote On 6.12 even a new individual Nazaret, Lanzarote, Canary Islands (David Pérez)
(6) Lanzarote A new individual was seen at depuradora antigua de Costa Teguise, Teguise, Lanzarote, on 8.12. The place is near where birds (2-3) were, but they were simultaneously seen with this individual (F.Javier García Vargas). See a photo below and thumbnail here. Apparently this same bird was seen on 22.12 at nearby Rancho Texas area at Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote, when five birds were seen the same day (Francisco Javier García Vargas).
(7) Tarragona On 21.12 a bird was found at Parc del Francolí, Tarragona (M.Angel García, Bernat García). See a thumbnail here. It was still there on 22.12 (Camilo Albert, Albert Cama). The bird remained there on 23.12 (Eduardo Soler) to 28.12 (Bernat García).
(8) Lanzarote A bird was seen at jardines de los apartamentos Hyde Park, Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote, Canary Islands, on 22.12 (Francisco Javier García Vargas). See two thumbnails here.
(9) Lanzarote A bird was seen at Apartamentos Riu Olivina gardens, Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote, Canary Islands, later on 22.12 (Francisco Javier García Vargas). See a thumbnail here.
(10-11) Lanzarote A bird was found at kindergarden south of Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote, Canary Islands, also on 22.12, See a photo below. When photographing this bird, another came and began interacting with it totalling two birds (Francisco Javier García Vargas).
(12) Lanzarote A new bird was found at hotel Princesa Yaiza gardens, Playa Blanca, Lanzarote, on 24.12 (Francisco Javier García Vargas). See a photo below.
(13) A Coruña On 30.12 a bird was seen at Arzúa, A Coruña (Ignacio Fernández Otero)
(2) Navarra . On 11.12 a 2nd individual joined bird (1) at Mendilorri, Pamplona, Navarra (Montse Gorria). Both birds were seen and photographed on 12.12 and remained there on 16.12 (Ricardo Rodríguez). See photos below and a thumbnail here. The two birds were seen again on 17.12 (José Ardaiz), 18.12 (Ricardo Rodríguez, Alfonso Rodrigo), see a photo below and two thumbnails here, and 21.12 (Antonio Ceballos). On 22.12 three birds were reported (José Ardaiz in litt.).The three birds (1)(2)(3) were still there on 23-27.12 (Ricardo Rodríguez).
(3) Navarra . On 22.12 a 3rd individual joined birds (1) and (2) at Mendilorri, Pamplona, Navarra (José Ardaiz in litt.). The three birds (1)(2)(3) were still there on 23-27.12 (Ricardo Rodríguez).
(4) Barcelona . On 25.12 an individual was seen visiting a bird-feeder in a private garden at Torelló, Barcelona (Bet Font, Xevi Rifà). See a thumbnail here. Seen again on 30.12 (Xevi Rifà).
RARITIES ONLY FOR THE CANARY ISLANDS** Those species which are rarities only within the islands and are dealt with by CR/SEO are included here. Such records should be submitted to Juan Antonio Lorenzo at canarias @ seo.org** Canarian records of species which are rarities nationwide are included in the main text in violet type.
*** Ringed birds in Spain have to be submitted and accepted by CR/SEO-BirdLife, according to Environment Ministery of Spain and the authonomous communities agreements, to be accepted as valid ringings in the national database. Otherwise, non submitted or rejected records will be deleted and ringings will not be included in national or international databases. Ringers not submitting rare bird ringings will be listed. Submitting ringing records is hence specially encouraged as a contribution to global bird knowledge..
REPORTS OF NON RARITIES OR FORMER RARITIES
2005 this webpage only includes records of birds needing homologation
by CR/SEO. For other local rarities contact local bird reports or records
committees. See here those rarities only for the
Canary Islands also dealt by CR/SEO. Changes in application to the rarity
list from January 2006. New rarities include Sylvia curruca, Crex crex,
Sterna bengalensis and others. Larus delawarensis and Anthus
richardi have been withdrawn from the rarity list and are not be included
Recent reports includes the latest sightings from the whole of Spain which are both personal observations, communications or have been released in E-Mail lists. Please contact the authors before using any photo for anything else than personal reference. Any submitted news to this page will be forwarded to the Spanish RC for their knowledge if enough substantiated but inclusion in this page does not imply acceptance or homologation of any kind which needs a form to be sent.Photos could be cropped for editorial reasons.Gibraltar news are included thanks to Gibraltar Ornithological & Natural History Society but this has no more implication than the sake of completeness given this area situation. Names of localities are featured as given by the authors of the records, that should be cited as those. Today news are marked with a icon. We would welcome to receive a spare copy of those journals using these news for commercial purposes. Contact RG at address at the front page. From April 2005 only news of rarities needing homologation by the Spanish Rarities Committee are included. Reproduction of the contents of this page in commercial websites (e.g. *.com) or for commercial purposes is forbidden if not agreed in advance.. Go back to top
Citas recientes incluye las últimas novedades del conjunto del país que tanto son observaciones personales, comunicaciones al autor o noticias difundidas en listas de correo. Por favor contacten los autores para cualquier uso de las fotografias fuera del estrictamente personal.Cualquier cita que se envie a esta página sera reenviada al CR/SEO para su conocimiento, pero su inclusión aquí no implica su aceptación u homologación de ningún tipo y son responsabilidad de sus autores y del envío de la ficha correspondiente. Los nombres de las localidades se incluyen como son enviadas por los colaboradores, que deben ser citados como autores de las citas. Las fotos que se envíen podrán ser recortadas por criterios editoriales.Las noticias más recientes se marcan con Desde Abril de 2005 se incluyen únicamente citas de rarezas que necesitan homologación por el Comité de Rarezas de SEO/Birdlife. La reproducción total o parcial de los contenidos de esta página está prohibida en sitios web comerciales (p.ej. *.com) si no se autoriza de antemano. Ir al inicio de la página
Cites recents inclou les darreres novetats del conjunt de l'estat que són observacions pròpies, comunicacions o noticies difoses a llistes de correu. Si us plau contacteu amb els autors de les fotos per a a qualsevol ús fora de l'estrictament personal. Qualsevol cita que sigui enviada a aquesta plana serà rebotada també al CR/SEO si bé la seva publicació aquí no implica la seva aceptació o homologació de cap mena i és responsabilitat dels seus autors que haurien d'enviar la fitxa corresponent emplenada. Els noms de les localitats són posats tal i com són enviats pels autors, que han de ser referenciats com a autors de les cites. Les fotos que s'envïin podran ser retallades per criteris editiorals.Les notícies més recents són les marcades amb.Desd'Abril de 2005 únicament s'inclouen cites de rareses que necessiten homologació pel Comité de Rarezas de SEO/Birdlife.La reproducció total o parcial dels continguts d'aquesta plana és prohidia per a qualsevol lloc web de caire comercial (e.g. *.com) sinó s'ha autoritzat de forma prèvia. Tornar a l'inici de la plana.
compare currrent rarity number with average of last 5 years
|Number of rarities this month||Citations / Citaciones / Com citar|
|Rarity distribution this month||Rarity forecast|
|Search within Rare Birds in Spain||Available past reports|
|Month Overview||Resumen del mes|
|Bird news||Resum del mes|
Recent reports | Rarities Committee Reports | Statistics| Photos | Files | Identification | Links | Homepage
Rarebirdspain bird-racing team | Rarebirdspain BLOG | Birds in Spain BLOG | Rarebirdspain Birding Team BLOG
Designed to be seen in 1024x768 resolution with Java enabled browsers.